Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
1989 KX250
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well a friend of mine took my 89 kx250 to their bike shop class. They came back and told me the stator is the problem, the exciter coil is not getting a signal...make sense?

What parts do I need? Seems 89 is a strange year. Can I just get new coils?

·
Registered
917 Posts
just get new coils and mount them to stator plate and solder the wires back to them.

According to my research the coils from the YZ80 1985-2000 are the same coils.

·
1989 KX250
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wonder why they don't advertise these for kx250?

it has always been a ***** to start...wonder if these will help that too

·
1989 KX250
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will check this thread in the morning.

I have a feeling that 89 was a special year...crap$$

^^didn't see the post

·
Registered
917 Posts
i saw 1990 was the same.

Anyway he lives in the USA and that is why I posted a link to the USA distributor of Electrex products. In fact , i believe Moose, Ricky stator, rick's, ect are all just distributors of Electrex products

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey man didn't see your link, the one i posted was international so it wouldn't matter if he's in America.
I have owned a 1990 kawasaki Kx250 for the last 14 year's and maintained it myself so i was just offering some help.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Sure it's an international company that will ship anywhere but the site is for orders out of UK, hence the ".uk" and the order is shipped from the UK with UK shipping prices, shipping time from UK to Michigan, and costs $5 more for the stator on top of that.

But hey, if somebody wants to spend more money and wait longer, that's his choice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts