Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying my son the aforementioned bike, but it seems to be a little on the rare side. Will I have trouble finding parts for this bike? Being an old Honda guy, I'm kinda green on the Kawasaki stuff. Could someone give me some good online parts houses? And last, is this a decent bike for a 14yo? Thanks!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Good bike for a 14 yo. I started out on a Yahama X400 when I was about that age.

Best place I've found for parts is www.cycle-parts.com
First, go to Kawasaki's website www.kawasaki.com and find the parts diagrams for your bike, get the parts numbers and then go to the parts site.
If you know the numbers that allows them to give you wholesale price for some reason. You have to have a minimum of $100 to place an order. Their affiliate www.bikebandit.com will allow you to place smaller orders, but there is a noticeable markup.

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
250 ELIMINATOR

YES, it's a good bike. Insurance is cheap, gas goes a long way, and he should learn a lot about cleaning and being proud about the bike. There are many Cycle salvage and parts places and the bike is easy to find parts for!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts