Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering like yes there is nuetral but only when your stopped but when your riding well least i can seem to find it theres no nuetral. just when you stop nuetral will engage.. is this that "easy nuetral finder" thing ive read about???

Thanks

Dan

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yep thats the Positive Neutral Finder thing you read about, you can find neutral if your moving though, just dont have to click up as hard, just kick up gently on the gear shifter... but it sucks when you do it in traffic on a accident when your halfway through the intersection!! (like me once.. i didnt kick up hard enough... you need to kick back down to 1st then back up to 2nd) :lol:

Ryan

·
Registered
605 Posts
YOu really don't need to kick down to first then up to second if you accidentally hit neutral while upshifting...

I've never encountered a motorcycle that couldn't access neutral from first or second so just blip your throttle a little and kick up a little more to hit 2nd

BTW for the first post, it is a good thing that you can't find neutral while moving, it's not a great idea because on a motorcycle you should always be prepared for the worst including being in a good RPM range while slowing to a stop just in case you need to use evasive manuevers

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks man soo its like an half shift almost them i guess?? ill have to try that out.. so if i figure it out im taking after you go in nuetral and then click it back into gear youll be in what ever gear you where originally in??

·
Registered
605 Posts
*sigh* you didn't take the MSF or read a book on this did you?

here's the gear ratios for you

(6)
N

You start in Neutral, kick down once for first, up once for second, etc.

In order to get into neutral from 1st you click 1/2 up so 1/2 the normal power

In order to get from 2nd to neutral click 1/2 down or 1/2 the normal power you take to get it into 1st

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok yes i did read the book.. and yes i know its not good to get into neutral while moving i was jsut wondering.. cuz i was on a friends bike and it was alot easyer to find neutral while in gear.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Oh, it just sounded like you had no idea because you can't just click it into neutral from any gear, only 1st or second, so when you say, then I just click it up and I'm in whatever gear I was last in...Wrong, you'll be in 2nd...ALWAYS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts