Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building a 1990 Kx 250 am have got a wierd ? I got it all back together except chain on the bike. I tried starting the bike without the chain on it. The gear shifter needs replaced as it will not tighten down enough. The ? i have is if the engine is in gear will it cause the kickstarter to slip some. I can kick it once and then it like slips several times before it catches. I took the engine back off and looked at everything qand cant find any gears or springs nmot working. I know on my KZ 1000 if the bike is in gear and u pull the clutch it slips totally but im not sure about this Kx250, just wanted to ask before i put the engine back together.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats cool i just wanted to ask b/c i also have an 86 kx250 which never slips either. any suggestions on what to check?

·
Registered
561 Posts
When you say it slips, are you talking about the kicker going through the stroke and not engaging? If so then it needs to be reset. There is a dot on the kicker main gear and one on the smaller gear that rides in the notches. Those dot's have to be aligned and then placed in the hole, then wind the spring around to get good tension on it and it should be better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts