Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all i just got a 1990's h1 model kx 250
Has a chrome frame and is overall in ver good condition and goes like s.o.a.s :p

Only problem is the engine vibrates badly when reving,
Anyon have any idea what this could be?

Apart from this the bike only needs a rear brake fluid resovoir, everything else is great,

guy i bought it off just had it all rebuilt suposidly tho i didnt see any recipts for this,
It goes like it has been, just the bvibration from the engine worrys me.

Help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i checked that,
They seem fine, i fear its internal,

I have a few problems with the bike, like its not hitting bands ( it has a kips head, but feels like its struggeling to rev when it should hit bands.

Its smokey as hell too, and has water in the oil, im looking about for a new botom end,
Think i have bought a lemon,

Yet when i looked at it in the guys garage, the engine seemed fin, and nowhere near as bad as this,

·
Dirt Bike Dad
144 Posts
I have the opposite. I bought a KTM 50 for my 6yr old. When I looked at it, it looked beat up, run down and not shown much love. But when I got it home and cleaned it up, it looked alot better.
Anyhow, with your bike it sounds like your gonna need to pop off the head and see if you have any play in the piston and/or bearings in the bottom end. Clean your kips and check its connected correctly also, no powerband usually means no kips.
Beware buying another bottom end, it could have the same problem as yours.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looks like a rebuild is in order, so im gonna go get a bearing and seal kit, replace the con rod too, have the crank ballanced,

Then here is the fun part, i read somewhere the kx500 head fits onto the 250 engine,
If my kips are away ill need to do head work anyway, my as well build a widow maker,

can i check my kips without taking apart the head or do i have to take it all off,

Also would too much premix cause it not to hit bands

·
Dirt Bike Dad
144 Posts
Also get a water pump seal if you have water in your oil.
I dont know about KX500 head fitting on KX250, Ive never tried.
You can remove the right side cover of the KIPS valve and take a look
What ratio premix?
Also, what year model bike?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts