Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1990 zzr600d oil leak

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  emilymoore 
#1 ·
I have a 1990 zzr600d. There is a slight oil leak, nothing major, maybe about a quart every 2 weeks. My problem is, I don't want it to get on the back tire while I'm riding or the exhaust and catch fire. It's coming from the bottom of the clutch case where I believe that the clutch shaft? Correct me if I'm wrong please, enters it. It's happened for about 4 months. If I tilt it at enough of an angle it stops and it only happens when it's hot. A few friends said its supposed to have an o-ring there but I haven't been able to find a diagram indicating so or even a replacement o-ring listed. I've taken it all apart and replaced the gasket and checked for cracks. All seems good.

#2 ·
I'm not familiar with your motorcycle.
Looking at the diagrams at partzilla for the 1990 ZX600-D1.
Assuming the leak is at the clutch release actuator #13102-1105 (RELEASE-COMP-CLUTCH).
The clutch cover #14032-1286 has two needle bearings & an oil seal.
Maybe the oil seal is old & hard and no longer seals.

#4 ·
I was assuming the right side clutch cover, but as Hugojose has implied, it would be good to know for certain exactly where the leak is. A pic would be good or use the diagrams at Partzilla to indicate the location of the leak.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.