Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 1991 600ninja and it won't start. The problem i'm having is the bike has two coils, 1coil does #1,3cylinders and 1 coil does #2,4 cylinder and the bike only fires on the #4 cylinder. Before this happened the was loading up with fuel and flooding out, when it was not doing that it was snapping and popping. Like somtimes it would run really nice and ride really nice and other times just out of the blue it would act up. So i have changed the coils out and did the same thing. If there anyone out there that has had this problem or happens to know what possibly cause this to happen please help. Every one i have talked to about this told me that this problem could not possibly be happening because of the way motorcycle coils work, but i can't be the only one ever this has happened to. :cry: :cry: :( :( please help.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
first make sure your battery is GOOD by have a bike shop/car place do a LOAD TEST on the battery.
you also need to check your pickup coil under the stator cover. get a manual and it will tell you the test.
also make sure the coil GROUNDS are clean/rust free.
good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts