Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have worked on cars alot in my day but this the first dirtbike ive owned and i dont think the carb is set right i was wondering what all i can do to tune it up and if i take the carb off to clean it is there anything that ill have to readjust by just taking the carb of to clean everything Any Help is muchly appreciated i hope none of these questions are stupid im just trying to get as much information of this as i can Thanks alot for anyone's Advice

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
The carb is pretty simple, just go to one of the microfiche sites, Kaw has one as does kawasakipartshouse.com, and select your year and model. Take a look at the carb and you will see how it is constructed.

The things to keep in mind are the air screw on the side of the carb, the screw with the spring that car guys generally call it an idle air screw - once removed it will need to be installed back in just barely bottomed and then backed out 1 1/2 turns, then adjusted for best running from there. There is a throttle stop screw, either do not remove it or just count the turns as you remove it and put it back where it came then fine tune from there. Lastly, you have a slide needle that is under the spring and a plate in the center of the slide, and it has a circlip on the needle. Just remember which groove it was in or do not remove the clip.

You almost always need a new float needle and seat when you clean one, so pick up that kit and a new float bowl gasket - very inexpensive. The float level seldom needs adjustment, but the kit with the float needle and seat should contain the level instructions. If you do not have them any dealer can give you the fuel level measurement for your bike.

·
Registered
10 Posts
thanks for that link that page is awesome it has exact diagrams of the entire bike and you can order exact parts from there too

1 - 3 of 3 Posts