Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can some one please tell me which way to turn the pilot screw on the carbs. I cant remember if turning it in is richer or leaner? Im trying to sort a bit of back firing when I crank the old girl up to higher revs. if i sit at say 100 then want to give it abit more pass or keep the speed on a hill it back fires and slows down a bit. I have new as of today bearing in mind the bike sat for 13 months while I tried to get the Ignitor repaired. SOB.:frown:

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
The pilot circuit is out of the picture at the speeds you are talking. Sounds like it is time for a good carb cleaning session. It seems to be running lean by the symtoms, as you are describing them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks lot guys, i am a 'retired" Audi VW mechanic and been off the bench for a while a seem to have forgotten some of my bike days stuff.lol. i just didnt want to test drive it then stop, adjust each one then ride again to find out it was the wrong way. Now i can turn them in and start half a turn out each time till it is better and see from then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts