Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay would like to introduce myself then get to my question. I am 19 year old guy, starting my second year in college. I am undecided, I have no idea what I want to major in and not too worried about it right now.

I finally convinced my parents I am "old enough" to get a motorcycle. Even though it isnt like the other drivers on the road change as I get older :roll: . but yeah thats about it for me.

The thing is I have NO exp with bikes. well my dad has a motorcycle and I used to ride with him (sometimes). Other than that I had only ridden my cousins dirt bike and I was like 9 (?).

I found a nice bike for $1200 (USD). It is a 1993 Kawasaki Ninja 600R. The paint is **** but it runs and doesnt seem to smoke or make any strange pinging sounds (nothing like that). smells clean as well (no burning oil/ mal gas smell).

Since I dont have a lot of money (Student), would this be a good deal? I know it is hard to give an answer because you havnt seen it in person, but yeah ANY feed back would be GREAT!

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
where are ya in arizona ? i would be willing to help ya out with looking at the bike and making sure its in good shape.
but first of all you need to get some experience on a bike by yourself and make sure you know how to ride. you are way more open to getting hurt on a bike if you dont know how to ride and phoenix will hurt you real quick with no know-how. :wink:
i may even be willing to help teach you to ride a bit. depends on my schedule.
later
lance

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was planing on taking the MSF (I think thats what it is), they offer it for around $150 its not a bad price at all and it is only a weekend. Im in Tucson (a little less traffic but still scary). I havnt bought the bike yet so who knows if the guy sold it or not. I'll let you know what happends.

I think saturday I will talk to some of the trick guys. Im sure some of them would be more than happy to give me some advice. Im sure it is a simlar scene in PHX a crap ton of motorcycle guys all at one venue (I think I will get there early so I dont look like a nob driving up in a car).

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
oh, sorry i wont be able to help ya with the bike being your in tucson. too long a ride and i dont have that much time to travel.
if the guy still has it then tell him you want a bike shop to check the bike over and give you an OK or NOT OK on the bike.
good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts