Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attempting to revive the bike after sitting over 10 years. Installed new battery (properly filled and charged) and tried to check fuel pump operation BEFORE cleaning carbs. Turned key on and all appropriate lights lit but got no sound or activity from the fuel pump. Pulled in clutch lever and pushed starter button and got nothing, not even a click from the relay. I tried again with the sidestand up, but that gained me nothing. Any known/common starting issues with this model ? I've been a Kawasaki wrench for quite a long time and I'm hoping to cut this diagnoses time. Thanks or the help !

·
Registered
674 Posts
Did you try with clutch pulled in regardless of being in neutral? I would test or bypass the clutch and sidestand safety switches.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Sometimes it is the often overlooked kill switch. It can accidentally be knocked into the kill position and can be overlooked even by the best of us.

If that is not the case, then assuming battery is good, bypass or test all of your safety switches.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sometimes it is the often overlooked kill switch. It can accidentally be knocked into the kill position and can be overlooked even by the best of us.

If that is not the case, then assuming battery is good, bypass or test all of your safety switches.
It's starting to look like that is my only choice. I was hoping that there was a known specific issue with this model.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's starting to look like that is my only choice. I was hoping that there was a known specific issue with this model.
After thinking about it, I'll start by checking the kill switch. This bike sat outside, exposed to all the weather for over 10 years. Thanks for engaging my brain cells for me. 😏

1 - 6 of 6 Posts