Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having trouble for some time with starting both of my bayou's after they have been sitting for a while. Each time is a real challenge. Sometimes I use the choke and sometimes not. Doesn't make any difference one way or the other. If it is going to start, it will start right away. But if not, I spend an hour or so pulling the plug and cleaning it and playing with it till it will start. The plug is usually wet (with gas) and black. The plugs have always been black since I purchased them. I pulled both carbs and cleaned them and also have put fresh gas in but this doesn't seem to help. When I pull the plug and clean it I always check for spark and there is a good bluewish white spark. The air cleaners are slightly dirty but not extreme. They don't seem to start any better even when the air cleaner is completely removed (just for starting of course).

Has anyone had similar problems? Any help is appreciated as I'm getting very tired at fighting this everytime they have been off for a while. They seem to start the next day ok but if they are left off for a week or two then the problems begin.

Thanks.

SB0368

·
Proud Owner Of This Forum & Beartooth Kawasaki
2,735 Posts
Hmm right off the top of my head I would say it's sounds like possibly a jetting problem. 8)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hard starting conditions on Bayou 300

This condition did not stop in 1994. I have a 2001 that does the same thing. It has flooded from a cold start from the day it was new. The dealer has not been able to repair it. I have all but given up. I guess Kawasaki only wants us to ride them when they want to be riden. I keep hoping that Kawasaki would come out with a fix for this any day now. If anyone knows how to repair this condition, please let us know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thanks for the reply. Sorry I haven't checked back sooner. I was supposed to get an e-mail if there was a reply but did not and figured that there was nothing to check out. I did change the plugs and put in new and this helped. I think they are running too rich also so will check into leaning out the carburetors a little to see if this will help.

Thanks again for the reply

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bogs down in mud

I just purchased a 1994 kawasaki 300 and it will run fine on dry ground and going up and down the street but when i take it through water and mud the motor bogs down and the tires wont spin even though its in gear. If anyone knows why it does this i would appreciate the advice on how to fix it. You can email me at [email protected] Thxs

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
hello paintball ,the water u run in how deep is it ? and the mud how soupy/deep is it. and when u get on dry grounds after going through the h2o/mud does it clear up right away or takes a few minutes to clear up /water is getting in to the air box and mud may be blockin the air intake on the air box there is a hole in the bottom of the box block it off and make a new hole right on top of the air box were u remove the screws to access the air filter or put a snorkle kit on it. i did the hole relocation and have no problems in water up the carb and a little bit higher and mud does not block the hole either hope this may help out a little bit and maybe solve your concerns/corey

1 - 7 of 7 Posts