Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a stock 1994 kx 250 engine & im using it for drag race, i need help, what modifications do i need to make this engine run more faster? thanks

·
Registered
205 Posts
bonehead said:
i have a stock 1994 kx 250 engine & im using it for drag race, i need help, what modifications do i need to make this engine run more faster? thanks
First of all I would say.....is it proper working condition? Meaning, fresh top end, proper jetting ect. If it is and you still want more power then first put on a k27 FMF fatty moto pipe. (make sure it's a k27) This adds a lot of power through out the powerband. Second, have the head milled .020. Third, have the cylinder ported by a reputable company or person. If you do all this and it is done right, the bike will fly. I actually modified the 94 cylinder to accept the bigger 98 power valve on mine and got even more power. It was so fast that it would out accellerate my brothers KTM 520 sx! :smile:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes it is in proper condition. im planning to buy v-force 3, does this have great effect on the speed? im modifying this engine because last week i was challenged by a 2 stroke honda CR 500 for a quarter mile drag race, my only advantage is that my bike frame is designed for drag so it wont wheelie and the weight is lighter than that of the CR, i hope with all these modifications i will win. thanks very much sir for your help... more power...

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have tried both the v-force reed and the boyesen rad valve in the 94kx. The rad valve is way better in that application, but don't expect miracles. It gives you a little more power across the powerband with the biggest increase in power to the midrange and top end. The fmf k27 pipe gives a bigger increase. Also , porting will give you the most power increase than any other modification combined! If you're going up against a 500 the only way you will ever win is if his bike is not running at its potential! You might want to go to a big bore kit. You can either go with a bore or a bore and stroke. This might give you the power you're looking for. Check out www.ericgorr.com for big bore kits that really work well! Yes his 327 kit will give the 500's a good run for their $$$$

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks very much sir for that information i really appreciate it, im planning nxt week to work on the head & cylnder im out of budget for the fmf fatty moto pipe, i have to save money for that. the CR 500 set up is for motocross so it has big rear sprocket and for sure it is low speed. my kx has 520 38 teeth rear and engine 15 teeth so more or less i have advantage on that. i dont know the condition of the engine but it has not been use for a long time. i'll keep you updated on the progress of my bike. thanks so much

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sir will it also help if i use diferent transmission like the transmission of the kdx since it has 6 gears, thanks...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts