Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a 1994 kx250 that i have rebuilt. it runs and i have ridden it since i have put it back together but when i want to push it around in gear (when its off), the back wheel doesnt want to move. i obviously have the clutch pulled in so im not sure what the problem is. but when i am riding it the clutch works fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
adjust clutch cable or put it in nuetral
i have adjusted the clutch cable thats not the problem. i just want to have it running like it should and it not moving when i have it in gear and the clutch pulled in is not how its supposed to be. i think the clutch might be to far apart like on the inside but not sure. i need to crack open the case.

·
WFO Enthusiast
89 Posts
what happens when its running and you pull the clutch and put it in gear? Have you measured the clutch rod to be sure it is long enough? It should measure 205mm.

·
Registered
917 Posts
you should be able to adjust the cable to the point where the clutch is never engaged, then back off from there. If you can't do that, then you may have a problem.

From other post, this is a push rod /ball bearing/ push plate type setup? Bent/worn push rod (not likely), worn/wrong ball bearing or actuator arm or push plate?

On one of mine I found someone lost that ballbearing and just stuck a random one in there that was too small and too soft, which eventually caused a problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.