Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe this has already been address and fixed i coulnt find the fix for my bike the gas come out of the air cleaner from touse two little round holes as soon as open the gas and crank the starter and then it flods the carb and wont idle because of the exces of gas please hellllllppppp

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok i just unpluged the vacuum line that goes under the tank and it stoped flooding...any ideas outhere

·
Registered
'09 EX500, '15 Vulcan S
4 Posts
Start by pulling the carb and cleaning the float needle seat and the float needle itself. If that doesn't remedy it, it's likely time for a carb rebuild kit.

I'm not very knowledgeable on the VN1500, but that vacuum line was likely a vacuum petcock. When you remove vacuum to the petcock, it will stay closed. This is to keep a dirty/stuck open carb from dumping a whole tank of gas in your air cleaner + intake.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did all of that cleaning new neddle the only vacuum line goes to the bottom of the gas tank when i disconnect that line it stops leaking and ixles fine you cant rev it do when you connect the vacuum line again runs ok for a bit then it starts to leak again thanks for your response

·
Registered
'09 EX500, '15 Vulcan S
4 Posts
I did all of that cleaning new neddle the only vacuum line goes to the bottom of the gas tank when i disconnect that line it stops leaking and ixles fine you cant rev it do when you connect the vacuum line again runs ok for a bit then it starts to leak again thanks for your response
If you haven't performed a float height check yet, that's a good next step.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi matey , dont know these bikes too well, but has your bike got the vacuum operated fuel **** or is it the fuel pump type, only have known the fuel to feed back through the vacuum pipe into the cylinders when the diaphragm in the vacuum fuel **** has perished, just my 2 penny worth
edit looks like it censored me for giving the Petcock a different name:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is a fuel pump .. Now that you mention that i was talking to my dad and he mention something aboit the diafragm on the fuel pump going bad

·
Registered
182 Posts
No ,sorry matey to re-build the petcock, that is if it's a vacuum petcock , you will have to check whether it is or not though, if fact a new petcock is cheap too

·
Registered
182 Posts
Righty ho , just to be clear Josep ,where does the Vacuum pipe come from that is going to the Petrol Tank

·
Registered
182 Posts
Maybe you have found your problem, was that pipe already connected to the carb and is the other carb capped at that position,

1 - 20 of 63 Posts