Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yes matey, those two pipes coming out of the carbs are vacuum pipes, used for synchronising the carbs and when one attached should go to the rear of the petcock to release flow of fuel , I think thats where your fuel is running straight into the carb, thats if the manual I'm using is the same for your bike, which I'm sure it is, tell me I'm talking nuts , we are all learning;)

·
Super Moderator
1,638 Posts
Josep, according to Partzilla there were three different versions of the VN 1500 in 1996. Which version do you have?
Vulcan 1500, Vulcan 1500 classic or the Vulcan L?

·
Super Moderator
1,638 Posts
Josep, my guess at this point is that someone has mixed up the hoses, maybe while trying to remove some pollution gear. We can get that sorted as soon as you identify which model of Vulcan you have.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
And theres only one hose going to the tank there is a smaller one that goes to the emission staff

·
Super Moderator
1,638 Posts
When you say only one hose going to the tank, do you mean the one that goes to the fuel shutoff valve?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Is hard to tell because there is only one port in the tank and one on the carb and i dont have all the other stuff plus when i turn it on it idles fine but if i rev it high i get back fires thru the carb
When you say only one hose going to the tank, do you mean the one that goes to the fuel shutoff valve?
No sorry the one tha goes to the petcok plus one under the tank

·
Super Moderator
1,638 Posts
Ok, so the one from the petcock, does it go straight to the carb? If so which port on the carb?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
this one goes to the tank under by the bolt tha holds the tank
this one goes to the emission stuff

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Is just like the third one black / red
..i had it running for a bit and fiel comes out of the vaccum hose that connects to the tank

21 - 40 of 63 Posts