Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi should there be any movement on the shaft that thefront sproket goes on its not up and down i can pull and push it in and out i reckon theres about 3mm of play if not how do i fix this

·
Registered
895 Posts
Logically, yes, my reckoning is that when you hit a bump its subject to ALOT of G Force so it needs some tolerance because if it was locked in one position it would break real easy, but honestly I dont know!

I think theres about 3mm of inward-outward play on my 125s, i'll check that.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Yep, roughly 3mm tolerence, so if its wrong then i'm buggered to

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks i have a manual cant find it though ill need to look and see ill let you know i assume the 125 cant be much different from the 250

·
Registered
206 Posts
My 2001 KX250 does the same thing. I'm pretty sure it's normal. Just a little play in the gears is all.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I think as long as it doesnt move front to back it is fine. If it moved front to back, that would signal a bad bearing, and would shorten the life of you chain and sprockets.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the reason i ask is that i had a prob with my bike not staying in 4th the dogs were worn i undercut them though because new ones were far to expensive im worrying that that play would cause it to pop out as well as 4th gear is on this shaft

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i looked at manual cant find anything about it in it ill have to contact local bike shop

1 - 9 of 9 Posts