Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1996 Vulcan 1500 that has several issues, I was comming back from Daytona and had to pull over real quick due to an accident, any way, never cut the bike off but once I pulled back on to the highway it started cutting off and back firing. I limped home about 12 miles (live in Jacksonville) and went on to work. Tried to crank it the next day and all it did was back fire through the carb and throw flames out of the top exhaust pipe, the bike has 16,000 miles. I changed the plugs (which were oil soaked) and last week I even changed the battery just to make sure, same result. Back fires when cranked and will only run for about 2 seconds, lot of grey smoke, help??

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the carb rebuilt, twice actually and still the same thing, it will at least crank and sort of run now but, it's also now back firing out of the carb when running and still smoking continually, next suggestion???

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.