Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a used unit on Ebay. The seller lists it as fitting my bike but he said he bought it used for his 2000 ZX9R and it didn't fit, which makes complete sense since his is the C model and mine is the B model. However, he sent me some pics of the harness plugs on the powerpak unit and one plug had eight pins, the other plug had 4 pins. He also said the plug with 8 pins only had 6 wires coming out and the smaller plug only had two wires. The problem is that on my bike the larger plug has eight pins but seven wires (one more than the six on the powerpak), the smaller plug on my bike has three wires where the powerpak only has two. Is it possible the powerpak uses less wires than factory CDI unit or is it the information incorrect. He says there is no clear model number on it.

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
From what I've read (google is your friend) the "Powerpak" is very obsolete, and you'd better make sure it comes with a manual before you purchase it. If you do some "googling" you'll see that people do still use them.....but it looks like many comments are directed towards the hassle of programming, and trying to locate manuals for used units.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
already have a 4 degree advancer on order, i have a k & n filter waiting to go in a slip-on muzzy and i'm going to order a jet kit and possible full exhaust

1 - 4 of 4 Posts