Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 1997 kx 125 that is slipping gears it does not make any noise and it happens when I shift and sometimes randomly the top end was just rebuild and moose racing clucth was installed I use 85w oil and I think that's the problem because I see people put 10w30 in so I'll try that plz give me any tips . or wat the problem could be thx

·
Registered
917 Posts
85w gear oil for a rear end of a car? Name brand, type, for what, where you bought it?

It doesnt move like it is neutral then it "clicks" like a sound or a analogy of you clicking the shifter into gear even though it is already in gear?

We need more than a sentence or two to even attempt to guess as to what is happening in your life and your interactions with your dirt bike.

Right now I will take a guess and say you put thick 85w gear oil made for the rear end of a shaft drive automobile in your dirt bike. You have provided limited input and are going to get random output. Kinda like the google search engine.

·
Registered
36 Posts
does it happen between ohhh lets say 1st and 2nd or beetween 3rd and 4th..
if 3rd and 4th and up then it is the shifter arm spring inside the motor( im pretty sure or the shifter meckinizum inside the motor)
if 1st and 2nd then your an idiot....:mrgreen: haha

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just want to remove any possability that your aren't sure about this (not saying you don't know) but neutral is a half shift between 1st and 2nd gear.

·
Registered
35 Posts
yea nuetral is right above first on your bike hahaha, and yea switch your tansmission oil to 10w 40 trust me, and before you drain the old oil out just make sure your engine is warm, just warm it up in nuetral, this makes the viscocity of the oil thinner and it will all come out quicker. and if this doesnt work just go on rockymountainatv.com and order your self a tusk clutch kit, it aint the best but it works and is 40 bucks, it takes 20 min to install also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts