Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! New to the group but before I actually joined the site I used these forums to help me along the way and I just wanted to say thanks and post some pictures of my completed project "Bobber"! If anyone is undertaking the same project and needs hints or tips please let me know!

Attachments

·
Yet another 800 Bobber...
598 Posts
Hi and welcome! My reaction is that it looks front heavy and a bit unfinnished with the front fender intact but no rear fender. Just my five cents though, the finnish on the paint looks good from what I can tell.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I can see that. Something about the completely exposed rear wheel strikes me though. (Probably just gravel striking me in the butt!) I still have the option to put something on there but it won't be anything like the old one and it won't be soon. Thanks for the reply!

·
Old Skool
63 Posts
paint is hot, classic old skool. the front fender needs to be chopped or removed. like the low look. nice work.
white wall and rims are all that too.

·
Bobber Lover
319 Posts
This bike looks great, would love to see more pictures / details of the mods like rear signals and lights etc.

Nice job and thanks for posting these pictures and any more that you can take.

Kevin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the advice! I guess I will look into chopping off the front fender!

·
We need a Sarcasm Font!
3,864 Posts
Nice bike! My son is working on a Shadow 600 doing very much the same as what you've done. And, yeah, I agree, I think it would look better without the front fender. Makes the bike look a little front-heavy.

Welcome to the forum!! Good job with the bike!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Excuse my ignorance but what makes it a Bobber?

Sorry, i'm all roadsters and sports-bikes me.

Interesting looking thing mind.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
basically.....

Wikipedia said:
A bobber is a motorcycle that usually has had the front fender removed and the rear fender "bobbed" or made smaller. This style of custom motorcycle took shape in the 1950s and continues to be built today. Bobbers are related to choppers in that they both represent a minimalistic approach where everything is stripped from a bike that is not readily needed. This includes the characteristics of a stock frame and shortened rear fender.
it looks good, but i echo the sentiments about the huge front fender :oops:

:biggrin:

love to see better pics out of the shade and up closer, not so far away

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's complete for me! Y'all wanna come over and take off the dang fender go ahead' :)

·
Swingin like a monkey
814 Posts
Hi and welcome! My reaction is that it looks front heavy and a bit unfinnished with the front fender intact but no rear fender. Just my five cents though, the finnish on the paint looks good from what I can tell.
I really dig that look! I would agree, though, that the front fender needs chopped, or removed. Sweet ride!!

·
Registered
367 Posts
I think the fenders are good. I like the no fender feel too though not really legal here. Personally everything else looks like everybody else with a chopped vn800 painted black. Now that you've done the basics how can you look different than everyone else, what would make YOU and YOUR bike stand out in a crowd of chopped and bobbed vn's. Not knocking just trying to antagonize you into the next level.Ü

·
-=V=-
245 Posts
I like the fat look of it ..but I'm in the same boat as most here ...chop the front fender to about 1/2 size.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts