Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just been using the bike for 3 consecutive days with no issues, went to move on drive and nothing from stater. After digging when all lights set on the dash goes off, and no lights shown, indicator flashes dash.
I have charged the battery and is known good. I've changed out all fuses, just strange went with no warning after running fine for 18months.
Any ideas where to start as looking at diagrams I would guess junction box

·
Super Moderator
2,133 Posts
Can you clarify your first paragraph? I assume by "stater" you meant "starter"? Your bike also has a "stator" so just wanted to clear that up. Also having a bit of trouble with your 2nd sentence. "digging"?

If your starter button won't engage the starter, check kill switch, clutch interlock, sidestand interlock and make sure bike is in neutral and neutral light comes on. If that does not work, test both your starter relays.

·
Registered
161 Posts
And check the connections at the battery and ground point

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you clarify your first paragraph? I assume by "stater" you meant "starter"? Your bike also has a "stator" so just wanted to clear that up. Also having a bit of trouble with your 2nd sentence. "digging"?

If your starter button won't engage the starter, check kill switch, clutch interlock, sidestand interlock and make sure bike is in neutral and neutral light comes on. If that does not work, test both your starter relays.
Cheers for the response

I can confirm it was starter not the stator.
I have checked all of the interlocks and cleaned, this had no effect.
The bike is in neutral and the light comes on, however it goes off when I press the starter button or turn on the lights, including the indicators.

I will check the starter relays next.

·
Super Moderator
2,133 Posts
The bike is in neutral and the light comes on, however it goes off when I press the starter button or turn on the lights, including the indicators.
If the lights go out when you hit the starter button then your battery is no good.
The load of the battery draws the voltage so low, that it won't power any lights.

Either that, or the load is coming from too high a resistance to rotation in the starter or in the engine.

Put a voltmeter on the battery then next time you hit the starter button and see what it says.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts