Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found someone who has an older zx7 rolling chassis. Wondering if anyone has had experience in using parts from a zx6 on a zx7 including will the motor bolt in with major mods?
I know you were able to bolt a 9 motor into a 7 chassis but didnt know if the 6 would fit?

Any info would be appreciated.

Also, before i get the question "why would you want a 6 motor in a 7 chassis its pretty simple. Have an old 6r trackbike, found someone who would sell me the 7 roller with clean title but just needs a motor, some cosmetics, etc for $200.00= cheap project.

·
Make Mine Pure BHP
1,174 Posts
Seriously doubt the newer ZX6 would swap into the older ZX7, unless you wanted to do major mods. Knowing the year would be beneficial.

As far as the 7 -
The frames & motors were changed drastically in 90 and weren't interchangable with earlier years.
In 91-92 they changed the chassis again to integrate the motor as a stress member.
93-95 brought changes to the motor again, carbs & airbox, reducing the interchanability with the earlier years.

:cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh man good question i forgot . I will check and get back to you on that .

Seriously doubt the newer ZX6 would swap into the older ZX7, unless you wanted to do major mods. Knowing the year would be beneficial.

As far as the 7 -
The frames & motors were changed drastically in 90 and weren't interchangable with earlier years.
In 91-92 they changed the chassis again to integrate the motor as a stress member.
93-95 brought changes to the motor again, carbs & airbox, reducing the interchanability with the earlier years.

:cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts