Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I just bought a 1998 Classic back in September and have ridden it pretty much everyday till the week of Thanksgiving. It has 19k miles on it. The weather has been terrible since then and the bike has been sitting since. I always park it in the same spot in the garage. While I was riding every day I didn't notice any leaking happening. Now that the bike has been parked for a couple weeks it seems to have developed a leak. I can't tell exactly where it is coming from but can a bike just start leaking while parked?

Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
My 96 1500 classic leaks a little too. I think the previous owner has a few HD parts on it. I will check it out and report.

·
Barrett Motorcycle Repair
202 Posts
If you did an oil change and didn't replace the aluminum sealing washer a few heat cycles could start it leaking , also it could be one of the rocker covers leaking (for a while) and just now it has gotten to the point of seeing it on your garage floor . Hope this helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the replys. I will get to crawling around on the floor looking for for rocker covers. I just bought the oil and filter to do an oil change right before this huge ice storm hit Oklahoma, we've been lucky most of the houses on my street still have power. Alot of people in Yukon Oklahoma, where I live, are still in the dark.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts