Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in buying a, preferably, red and black 250 that runs perfect. Everything mechanically sound and not too much cosmetic damage. Please contact me if you have one. And if you're in the Wisconsin area, that would be a major plus!

Thanks

Kyle

[email protected]
[email protected]
Dills07
^^AOL instant messenger

·
Registered
133 Posts
I don't know...Have you seen the 2005 color schemes? All look WAY better. None of the newer schemes look bad. The older ones...with the purple rims...What were they thinking??

·
Registered
134 Posts
Dills said:
I am interested in buying a, preferably, red and black 250 that runs perfect. Everything mechanically sound and not too much cosmetic damage. Please contact me if you have one. And if you're in the Wisconsin area, that would be a major plus!
Have you checked www.cycletrader.com, or the buy and sell section of this forum? :eek:

·
Registered
605 Posts
search for wisconsin craigslist then look for motorcycles and you'll see a bunch at a relatively good price, e-mail the seller, go look the bike over, and test ride them if you are capable, Don't try if you've never ridden before

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I tried cycletrader and I found a few, and I'm going to go look at some of them in the next couple of days, but I was wondering if any of you guys had one to sell on here privately that would be relatively close to where I live. It's just, on cycletrader, most of them are dealers and have the prices up a lil more than I would like. Is $2500 a good price for a 2001 Red and Black Ninja with 5000 miles???

Thanks for the replies guys.

Kyle

·
Registered
134 Posts
Dills said:
Is $2500 a good price for a 2001 Red and Black Ninja with 5000 miles???

Kyle
That's a very high price, considering the bike is $2999 new. Maybe you could offer them less, say may $2000 if the bike is just about perfect.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
price

Yeah, I thought so too, and so did my dad, therefore the reason I didn't buy it. I tried bargaining with the dude but he said $2500 was his "sale" price. I thought that was a crock of ****. Seemed quite high to me. So I left my name and number if he wants to come down a couple hundred but I don't know. We'll see.

Thanks

Kyle

·
Registered
134 Posts
Re: price

Dills said:
Yeah, I thought so too, and so did my dad, therefore the reason I didn't buy it. I tried bargaining with the dude but he said $2500 was his "sale" price. I thought that was a crock of sh*t. Seemed quite high to me. So I left my name and number if he wants to come down a couple hundred but I don't know. We'll see.
I guess the dealer is waiting for a stupid buyer. That's their favorite kind. They'll probably find some dummy without a clue - there doesn't seem to be a shortage of those types. You'll find a better deal!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Tim- said:
I don't know...Have you seen the 2005 color schemes? All look WAY better. None of the newer schemes look bad.
I've seen the new ones, but how can they be better if they're not red?
Tim- said:
The older ones...with the purple rims...What were they thinking??
Yeah, no kidding!
Curt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts