Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 bayou 220, my nephew tried to jump start it off a battery booster box, he hooked cables up backwards, neg to pos, pos to neg, now i get nothing, ran great before, no lights on dash or anything, any possiblities what could have blown or got smoked??? have put in a new battery and 20amp fuse. nothing still, got any suggestions???????????

·
Registered
6 Posts
That Relay is a starter circuit relay. It is open any time you dont have it in neutral to prevent you from starting it in gear. Do you have a Volt meter? A test light might work. On the starter solenoid unplug the red connector and check the voltage at the pin that the white wire hooks to by touching the positive lead of the voltmeter to it and the negative lead to the battery negative post. It should be the same as battery voltage.

I attached a little homemade drawing of what to do with your meter.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would say so. If the fuse is good and both the positive wire from the battery to the Starter solenoid is good and the negative wire from the battery to the side of the engine is good and is grounded good on the engine I would say the solenoid got damaged. You could take a jumper wire and jump from the white wire pin in the red starter solenoid plug and touch it to the battery positive post and see if the anything powers up like the lights or the neutral light with the key turned on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.