Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woo-hoo!

Last night I completed the break-in period..

I have really been enjoying the Mean Streak, and the 1st 1000 miles is a milestone. To celebrate, I put on a new set of mirrors.
No complaints about this bike, I always get compliments.. it's fun, and I am becoming one with it.

... :mrgreen: ...

That's all.
-Ryan

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
congrats on passing this first major milestone in the life your your bike. :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
The Candy Lime Green especially get you compliments. Next mod try some pipes and see how much more you enjoy riding :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just past my 1000th mile over this weekend and I celebrated by going all the way to red line. What a feeling. I've had 2 sport bikes before, my '03 meannie certainly has a soul of a sport bike.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I too passed the 1000 mile mark during the weekend (Sunday in particular). I managed to do so in less than ten days. My first two bikes were quasi-sport bikes (a '78 CX500 and an '84 Nighthawk 700SC) but this Meanie is clearly more powerful and a much more satisfying ride! I feel right at home with my buddy and his Harley touting friends, and I can keep up with my two brothers-in-law on their crotch rockets (scraping pegs ain't so scary!). I feel I got the best of both worlds! The fun of owning a sporty bike with great handling, great road manners, and stellar brakes....and the classis lean, mean look of a custom-wanna-be cruiser. And I get endless compliments on the color (candy thunder blue) which I never expected.

In any case, this bike will be in my stable for a long long time! Eventually I'd like to park a Suzuki V-Strom 650 next to it, but it will be a lifelong favorite for sure!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

time to twist the wick :twisted: :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts