Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post here..........I recently bought my first bike, a Kawasaki, at age 54, an '82 kz750csr. I had a great mechanic fix it up so it runs beautifullly. I am absolutely in love with this bike in everyway, its acceleration, handling and styling. Problem is, I always feel like I'm maxing out at 65 mph and it reallly buzzes at that speed. I am looking into a used vulcan 750 between 1994-2002 to keep expenses down. Do the Kaw 750's of today perform better at those speeds than the 750's of the early 80's? I haven't test driven one yet to compare. I may as well keep this one for a while unless there is a marked difference in performance between these 750's, 20 years apart. I am grateful for any oppinions. :?: :?: :?:

·
Registered
134 Posts
vikerbiker said:
Do the Kaw 750's of today perform better at those speeds than the 750's of the early 80's? I haven't test driven one yet to compare. I may as well keep this one for a while unless there is a marked difference in performance between these 750's, 20 years apart. I am grateful for any oppinions. :?: :?: :?:
The Vulcan 750 has plenty of smooth power. A test drive will make you smile! 8)

·
Registered
16 Posts
The VN750 does something like 98mph in 1/4mile in about 12-13 sec... I think it's probably fast enough for most folks... Especially for a kid of 54...

This opinion from a 65 year o'l gummer... Hehehe..

·
Registered
3 Posts
750 Cruising Speed

I've got a 1990 VN 750 and I love my bike. I run about 4,000 rpms @ 60 mph I've never topped it out because I'm not a speed freak I prefer to cruise 55- 65 mph. I know that thgis bike will go fast and that it can take the rpms. If you want to go faster and feel like you have more head room I'd suggest a bigger bike. However, I'd take some time on the 750 to get your skills up before moving to a bigger bike. Too many people have too much bike when they are just starting out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts