Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 70 bushwacker 90 that has been sitting since 83. We got it running and are now working out the kinks. It doesn't have a battery, but kicks over on one or two kicks. I have an electrical problem. The headlight, high beam indicator light, and neutral lighter were all working. I put a bulb in the tail light and it was burning very bright. When I applied the brake the light would dim considerably. The headlight just burned out and now the to indicator lights do not work. I looked under the cover of darkness, but did not see any type of fuse box, with the exception of the one that appears to be going to the battery, which in nonexistent at the moment. Also I decided to premix the fuel rather than rely on the injection system. I used 8oz of oil per 1 gallon of gas. Will this be okay?

2d bike is an '82 550 LTD. The bike runs fin, but it has always seemed to have a slapping sound when I downshift after riding it for a little ways. It always starts out with smooth shifting up and down, but once it gets warmed up it starts the problem as previously mentioned.

I would appreciate anyone's assistance.

Thank you,

Mike

·
Registered
9 Posts
looks like your voltage regulator is not working, however it may require a battery to function normally? I am not familliar with your bike, but in general, if it can hold a battery, it should have one. it will take on the extra voltage as charge, then deliver it when you do things like put on brake lights.. however id put a meter on it and see it is not over 15 volts when battery is on it, if so, back to regulator....

·
Registered
9 Posts
2nd bike

i assume you checked for proper chain tension, if so then your clutch cable is not too loose is it, to not fully release?
just a thought

1 - 4 of 4 Posts