Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day People
Ok i own a Joe Rocket 2 piece full leather suit (believe its apart of the gpx range), gpx joe rocket gloves and alpine race boots.

Now by the time i was fully decked out in all this gear it would a little under 2grand Aus, which wasnt to bad of a deal, but so far my boots have had 2 be repaired by the local alpine centre and the suits stiching is comming undone, its not like i have put on any weight, my 250cc isnt going the speed of sound and ripping my clothes off and i have been looking after my gear.

So what i wanted to ask was what gear have people had that has held up and would buy again?

·
rain is here
2,793 Posts
Wow thats crazy Have you crashed? often??? like once a week maybe going about 65 mph (100km/h)??? How long have you had it? wast it brand new when you purchased?

Motorcycle gear should be able to deal with wind and any speed if you ask me.

I dont have anyhting like a suit so I cant really help you with that.

However I do have an alpinestars leather jacket wore it for about 350 miles so far and I have had no problems with it.... Ill keep an eye out for the stitching. Once I have my bike repaired I will go riding more often So ill definately be able to tell you then.

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
When I rode a sportbike I had 2 piece Fieldsheer leathers. They were (still have them actually) awesome. Fantastic quality, and even spared my butt once when I slid down the highway for a ways.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Um firstly NO i havent crashed well not fallen off crashed i went through a box hedge, but stayed on, anyway the suit was brand new it was a 2004 model suit that i brought late 2005, i wear it almost every day to work unless its increadbily hot or im running late for work takes 5mins to get in and out of the thing hehe...

Yeah let me know how your alpine jacket holds up, and i might look next time into an alpine suit or a fieldsheer suit.

cheers mates

·
Registered
7 Posts
G'day People
Ok i own a Joe Rocket 2 piece full leather suit (believe its apart of the gpx range), gpx joe rocket gloves and alpine race boots.

Now by the time i was fully decked out in all this gear it would a little under 2grand Aus, which wasnt to bad of a deal, but so far my boots have had 2 be repaired by the local alpine centre and the suits stiching is comming undone, its not like i have put on any weight, my 250cc isnt going the speed of sound and ripping my clothes off and i have been looking after my gear.

So what i wanted to ask was what gear have people had that has held up and would buy again?
For the ladies out there I wouldn't recommend it for track but my Scorpion Elektra jacket went through a highway slide and kept all my skin together. I slid on my back which held up but my sleeve ripped open.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts