Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all im new to the forum, hopeing someone here can assist me with these two issues. I recently (end of last season) bought my first bike a 04 Ninja 250. Anyways i kept pushing it off and eventually forgot but i never winterized it.,.. Tried to start it the other day and it wont seem to turn over. It gives the same sound as when a car battery is dead and you try to start it.

Anyways, i was wondering

1) how do i go about charging the battery? i don't know how to do it for a biek. the bike sat about 4 1/2 months or would it be better to simply buy a new battery?

2) Also how should i go about draining the older gas from the tank to replace it with new gas, i learned my lesson the hard way unfortunatley and will definatley winterize it this coming winter. Any methods for draining or siphoning the gas from the tank would be appriceated, along with a how to if it is rather invloved.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The gas today does not go bad like it did along time ago the gas should still be good. you should just push start the bike. Put it in 2nd gear have some one push you down the road and pop the cluch and the bike should start (make sure you have the fuel and power on) if it does not start you can take the batt out and buy a motorcycle batt charger and do it that way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts