Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still not completely comfortable purchasing this 200 rear because I'm not prepared to modify the bike.

:confused:

1. What is the best brand/model tire available for our bike?
2. What size can be used WITHOUT MODIFICATION to the bike?
3. What front tire would go best (size and model)?

Thanks!

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts
I have a Metzler 880 Marathon rear tire 200/700-15 with NO MODS! I also changed to a 90/90-21 front Metzler 880 Marathon tire. I will not go back to the stock sizes!

NO modifications were made for either tire, front or rear! I did not remove, cut, grind or in any way modify my motorcycle to change to these +1 tires from Metzler.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
Which is the best brand? well it all depends on who you ask. I too run a 200/70/15 on the rear and a 90/90/21 upfront and won't go back to OEM size. I run a Avon Venum on the rear as the Avons are a big wider/biger than the Metzlers of the same size so it fills the fender a bit more. Up front if you want a 90/90/21 then you will be limited as the Avon Venum will not fit unless mods are done. That's why I run Metzler upfront and Avon on the back. I personally like how the Avon is holding up better over the Metzler though.

·
Registered
57 Posts
See, I would rather the front be super skinny so I'm staying with the stock size but moving to a metzler, whenever I get the money, all $3000 of it, I will be doing the 240 kit. Have almost the stock size tire in difference from front tire to back! I personally think it would look better, but to each their own. BTW I would go with Metzler, I have never heard of anything bad about them, I have heard of Avon dryrotting early.

·
Need Time To Ride
3,247 Posts
Inner splash shield (behind battery box) needs to be cut out between upper two mounting bolts to avoid interference on bigger bumps. The Avon is a bit more bulbous than the Metzler so the outer diameter is larger. If going up to the Avon 230 the belt guard needs to be notched. Both changes are simple once the wheel is off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts