Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all. i am new to riding the ninja. i am out in nj. i have a few questions about the bike for the more experienced people. is it normal for the bike to heat up quick? also, is there any recommend on the tire inflate psi for front and rear. any other maint recommendations.

thanks

james

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
The bike should heat up quickly enough, but make sure your radiator fan is turning on, that sensor can go out that runs it. On my ex500 I run 31psi front and 35psi rear. but I'm not sure what the recommended tire pressures are. It should say somewhere on the tire though.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
INFO on the Ninja250R

First important and fairly inexpensive is to order a Ninja 250R Service Manual on your bike from Beartooth Kawasaki and get your 10% discount. call 1-800-556-3098. MOst of the informatin tha tyou really need is in teh manual. Then contact the Forum again and Curt or I can assist you in what ever direction and modifications that you want to do. There are several others on here that have ideas, but Curt and I will try to lead you safely through the modifications from a safety point. adding serious power you need to start with great sticky tires....even if you didn't addd on any power...

·
Registered
456 Posts
Mine heats up pretty quickly. I usually start it without any choke, then pull the choke just a little bit to keep it running. After 30 seconds or so, the engine sound will suddenly change slightly. Then I can shut off the choke, and she's fine. In cold weather, it can take up to about 3 minutes before it warms up.

She also runs fine before I shut off the choke, but I let her idle to get the oil flowing before I goose her.

If you have the stock Dunlop tires, Kawasaki recommends 28psi on the front and 32 on the rear. What Dunlop prints on the side of the tire is the maximum: 36 for each. If you run 36 in each, you'll get your best gas mileage, but you'll lose some grip. I stick with Kawasaki's recommendations.

And for your first maintenance recommendation: change that oil and filter!
Curt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts