Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes when i turn on the bike the brake light does not come on, then without doing anything it will come on. This also goes the other way to light will be on then shut off, i have checked the bulb and wiggled around with the wires could it be anything else.

thanks

·
The Cruising Gunsmith
1,459 Posts
Sometimes when i turn on the bike the brake light does not come on, then without doing anything it will come on. This also goes the other way to light will be on then shut off, i have checked the bulb and wiggled around with the wires could it be anything else.

thanks
If you mean the actual BRAKE light, which is the brighter filament in the tail light that only lights when you step on the brakes, the problem could be either of the two switches that operate it (front or rear).

If you mean the tail (running ) light that comeas on with the ignition key, it could be lots of things. Replace the bukb first, the filament connection could be intermittent. beyond that it could be any connection in the harness, a fuse holder, or the ignition switch.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
If the key lock ignition is shoddy I imagine you're making connection between off/parking light/ignition. I can easily slip my 500 into "parking light" mode by accident if I put too much force on the key.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts