Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 2000 W650. It's been pretty stripped down to a Cafe style bike. For the first few days, it was running great. Then it stopped, mid ride. Brand new battery. All fuses are good. When I turn on the key the tail light, turn signals and horn all work. Dash lights and starter do nothing. I can jump the solenoid and it will crank, but not fire up. Not even with a shot of starter fluid. I would be extremely grateful for any ideas.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
3,797 Posts
The fact that you have lost your dash lights makes it sounds like you have a break in a wire or a bad connection. Get a can of Deoxit and start methodically unplugging each connector, give it a shot of Deoxit and plug the connector back.

While doing this be on the lookout for broken or disconnected wires. Start inside the headlight and work your way back. Remove the fuel tank as there are a bunch of connectors there also.

It is also possible that you have more than one problem, but for now, this is a very cheap start and your bike's electrically system will love you for it. Call it preventative maintenance if this was not the problem.

Keep us posted.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts