Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone. I was just giving a 2000 ZX9R that had 700 miles on it. I have driven it lightly for over 300 miles. The problem I am currently having is this, when releasing the clutch to drive, the bike JERKS, HESITATES and will DIE if I don't crankup the REVs. THe bike has a louder than what I believe to be normal sound coming from infront or around the engine housing. The sound is the exhaust sound but it seems louder than usual. Otherwise it drives fine once you get it rolling, but when I have to stop, I have to go thru this routine over and over. This is my first bike. Any help, suggestion, hints, tips and clues are most welcome. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
STALLING

AT first I would have asked you where your idle was set. It is not uncommon to crank on the throttle and release the clutch when starting off from a dead stop. It is very common, BUT you said that you have exhaust noise coming from the front. I would take it to either a fellow rider (any bike) or even to the shop and ask them what it is and purchase hte part...if you are capable of doing hte work yourself fine if not have them do it. if you have a loose exhaust you could warp the valves if they cool to fast then you have some serious internal engine issues to deal with...take it in to find out what you need then decide what to do...and let the FORUM know!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts