Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new owner, I got it home drove it and parked it, and now it won't start. I check all fluid levels before operating, only ran it for around 1 hr, it was in the 50's as it idled I heard the fan come on.........thought it was normal. I have been through all filters dumped and cleaned fuel tank, new plugs verified spark, verified fuel pump. then I noticed reervoir was empty, radiator was down 2 oz. mouse had eaten through hose to reservoir. will replace hose today. I also put a new stater on it and had back end jacked up for access for several days. Did this drain all fluid to the radaiator and leave air gap in system? Is their a fail safe built in if there is no fluid it won't start? I did check presure in cylinders when changing plugs, it was only 60LBS per cyinder, way to low.......did I psssibly blow head gaskets? is there any way of checking if I did, other than low compression reading? any and all comments would be appreciated. Help please

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
If you ran it with low coolant you likely warped the heads and blew the head gaskets.

You need to go through and check the valves to make sure they are properly adjusted, then give it a dry and wet compression test. If the compression significantly rises with a small amount of oil in the cylinders, then it is rings and/or pistons. If not, it is likely the heads and head gaskets after running without coolant.

Be sure to follow the procedure outlined in the Service Manual for bleeding the air out of the cooling system so you do not fry it again after repairs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
took mule to dealer yesterday, it's up and running great.......it turns out that the intake rod was off the rocker on both valves, mechanic said it was due to bad fuel........causing sticky vavle.......fortunently there was no damage.......I had dumped and cleaned fuel tank before going to dealer.......and have now added a product called Marvel to fuel to help clean valves.......if anyone has a better suggestion of product to use I am all ears.......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.