Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2001 800 drifter and it did not come with a manual and I located a tank with cap on it between the back of the engine and the battery box. I opened the tank up and stuck a screw driver in there and it was dry. I had a friend tell me that it may be an automatic chain oiler since it is close to the chain. Is anyone familiar with the 800 having something like this or is it something that could have been added on.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Automatic chain oiler? Is that like a left handed smoke shifter?

·
Registered
399 Posts
They are called Scoty oilers and you would know if you had one . I works with the revs of the bike releaseing more and more oil with the ammount of revs you use. Just look at the chain and see if there is a small pipe near it.

The things they do these days eh?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Left handed smoke shifter??? I haven't seen one of them in a long time!!

·
Registered
887 Posts
I recently purchased a 2001 800 drifter and it did not come with a manual and I located a tank with cap on it between the back of the engine and the battery box. I opened the tank up and stuck a screw driver in there and it was dry. I had a friend tell me that it may be an automatic chain oiler since it is close to the chain. Is anyone familiar with the 800 having something like this or is it something that could have been added on.
This is the coolant reserve tank and should be 1/2 to 3/4 full, best top it off with anti freeze before you start overheating. There is no auto chain oiler.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts