Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a 01 kx250 that I bought that doesn't have spark. I brought it home changed the plug, and cleaned the carb and it started. I tried to start it the next day and it wouldn't. Took off the magneto cover and there was 2 tsp of water in it. I pulled the magneto and cleaned it up sanded the igniter and put it back on, with a new gasket and it started....but it took a lot to get it going. It now has no spark.....again. Tried several new plugs and still nothing. I have checked the primary coil and the secondary from my 01 YZ manual but can check no further because of different wiring. No one has a manual and I ordered one 2 weeks ago and it is still on back order. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or an on line manual for this????? I need to check the rest of the ignition system. It has a vortex ignition and a tectronic carb which doesn't make things easier. I would appreciate any help!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
did you try to contact votex to see if they have some kinda online support for their ignition system ???? if not i have a 2003 -05 manual but i doubt it would help any

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a 2000 that hade the same type of problem. I didnt have any water in it though,just the no starting problem. I did every thing, changed the plug, took the entire wire harness out cleaned off every plug, changed the CDI box, tested the coil, and nothing. I was getting fed up and for the hell of it i took the Spark Plug boot off my buddies bike and put it on my 2000 and the **** thing started on the first kick and is still going strong.

I ahve the service manual for the 2000 tell me what you need and I will scan and email you...
GOOD LUCK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts