Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i'm just rebuilding my 2001 KX 125 and was wondering what the torque specs are for the cylinder and the head bolts, thanks

·
Registered
252 Posts
How do you do a rebuild without a workshop manual. The're not expensive. Anyway from a2002 KX125 manual head and cylinder nuts are torqued to 18ft/lbs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2stroke engines are a piece of cake no need for a manual seeing as i didn't get one with my bike. but anywho, are u sure that the torque spec for the cylinder is 18ft/lbs, and the head is 18 ft/lbs each, just making sure u know they're 2 separate things

·
Hey, lemme ride your bike
1,975 Posts
If there is no need for a manual, then why ask for information from THE manual?? :)

How does not getting a service manual with the bike determine your lack of need for it??

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yes they are the same for the the head and cylinder, I just rebuilt mine about a half a year ago, they are both 18ft/lbs and guess what, I did mine without a manual too!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I only bought it cos the handbook that I got with the secondhand bike was the wrong one. Its the proper workshop manual and its already paif for itself in labour saving plus I've learned a lot about the bike without breaking too much stuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts