Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2001 ZX6E with the stock dual exhaust... I have a line on a 2002 ZX6R full exhaust system and/or a 1999 ZX9R Titanium system, but am unsure if either will line up.

The technical spec sheets on the Kawasaki web site are inconclusive and I cant seem to find anything about what will fit on my bike.

Does anyone know if either of these systems will transfer to my ride? If they will not, does anyone know what will?

·
Registered
7 Posts
No they will not

You own the touring model zx correct. If it came stock with the dual exhaust then yes. Those exhausts will not fit on your bike. The headers will not match up due to those exhausts are for the sport models (racing) models. completely different chasis lay out. You can try Vance and Hines Exhaust but your going to have to stick with the duals. Or you can just get the slip on exhausts wich either way is going to be costly. Depending on the type of exhaust route you go you can look forward to getting your bike jetted for those pipes so it will run properly.

·
NO---I ain't dead--yet
266 Posts
They won't fit-----you'll need the model specific pipes.

Muzzy and Dyna-jet kit on my ZZR.

·
Registered
36 Posts
do you guy not believe in custom work or what? i have a 250 ninja that has a zx6r muffler with a custom header that i built.

·
Registered
99 Posts
bdropped said:
do you guy not believe in custom work or what? i have a 250 ninja that has a zx6r muffler with a custom header that i built.
Custom work is good, but not all of us can fab a custom header for a bike. I would post pics of what you did. If it looks good and is clean, you might be able to help some people out and make some money if you do it for them! 8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts