Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 zx7r. ive had it since 2006. i went on deployment in jan. of 09 and got back in aug of 09. my wife has no clue about motorcycles, so i didnt even bother to teach her how to start it or anything, i mean she cant even drive a stick. i drained all the old gas wheni got back used some ether and got it started. it was having trouble warming up it would take forever. so i got a haynes manual, and me and my friend took the carbeurators off. ever since then it will start, but wont stay running. it just idles up real high then dies. any ideas, before i go spend what little money i make at a mechanic. keep in mind im not a mechanic by no means, but im not a moron either. hahahah thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we took them all apart. i cleaned the jets, and the float bowl out. it was actually fairly clean, except the float bowl where the float (which is plastic, had kind of eroded, i guess you could say and had like some plastic residue from the float in there. i just cleaned it out. the jets were clean. and thats really all we did.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts