Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, new to the forum here, just had a few questions;

i'm in the market for a enduro/trail bike, i've never rode before however the old man had a few bikes in his day. i live in the country and there are trails all around here and i've got abit of cash and am on the lookout for a 2nd hand bike (must be able to be registered on the road)

are there any mechanical faults with a KLX250 2002 model? there is one for sale in my local area, has 5 mths rego still on it for $3800 o.n.o
were there any faults or problems with the 2002 model?

cheers

·
Registered
895 Posts
I haven't had a KLX personally but when I was looking for a bike for my nefew (5'9" at 13!?!) I looked at a 2002 UK KLX and the CDI was buggered on it (1500miles in), it was about £250 for a new CDI.

Personally if I was going to get a trail bike I would get the KMX(2stroke), I have one of those with all the sub-electrics taken off (headlights, battery ect. ect.) I have found it to be very reliable, Just DON'T TRUST the auto oil delivery system, it breaks to easy just pre-mix the fuel, ONLY use the auto oil delivery system in emergency (eg. Out riding and low on fuel)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks for the reply

as its my first bike i am after a 250 4 stroke, i think a 2stroke might have a bit too much power for my first bike, also its hard to get a 2nd hand 2 stroke around here.
i am 6'1 and 90kg so i think a 250 will be enough power.

just seeing if anyone on the kawasaki forums here knows anything about any possible mechanical faults of a 2002 KLX.

·
Hey, lemme ride your bike
1,975 Posts
I think most folks on here are from the USA, and we don't have that model in a street legal version. The last KLX250 sold here was the 1996 model, which was dirt only.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Kaw has sold the KLX250S here in the States since 2006. Do a Google search and there is plenty of information.

·
Hey, lemme ride your bike
1,975 Posts
I was thinking the version he mentioned was more based on the off-road only bike. Maybe it's the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts