Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a problem fouling plugs in my bike. I've leaned out the fuel mix and am using a hotter plug. The bike is stock and only has about 20 hours on it. It will run sometimes for an hour or so and sometimes for 5 to 10 minutes. It will run longer if your on the pipe a lot but slower trail riding will foul them out. It's done this since new

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sounds like you need to jet for alltitude and riding conditions. What is your elevation and have there been any aftermarket mods?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I bought the bike from a local dealer. We're pretty much at sea level or a few hundred feet above at best. I took it to Arizona last year and it did the same thing. It's always been stock

·
Registered
191 Posts
trail?

Its not a trail bike thats why :lol: it needs to be on the pipe. when you say you leaned it out, how are you doing this? you might need to drop your needle down a clip and give it a try because it sounds like down low you are having the problem. You could regear it if your doing alot of trail riding. I wouldnt go more then one heat range on the plug. what plug are you running now? What fuel mix are you running, what octane gas and what oil?

id go back to your stock setting. 165main, needle on 2nd clip, needle NAFF(check your needle will say in it, if you have NAL soemthing thats richer and you need 3rd position), 55 pilot and 48 powerjet(i think) air screw 1.5 turns out. remember what all these parts do also. and then start playing with your needle and your air screw. id also go back to the same heat range plug.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts