Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 02 kx 250 likes to foul plugs. Anyone have any jetting specs. I am at seal level with high humidity. I have only run it with yamalube which may be part of the problem. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
7 Posts
what are your mods...jet size....and plug..mine was fouling plugs..i needed a better one...lemme know ,,aim me if you want at supermotarded250

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
don't have my current jetting specs, the bike is in storage, which is also my garage since I live in a condo and all my tools, parts, etc. are there. I believe the main and pilot jet are 1 size leaner than stock and the needle is set at 1 or 2 from the top position, screw is 1.5-2 turns out and the plug is a br8eg. I have been using yamalube at 32:1, but may try something else.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
don't have my current jetting specs, the bike is in storage, which is also my garage since I live in a condo and all my tools, parts, etc. are there. I believe the main and pilot jet are 1 size leaner than stock and the needle is set at 1 or 2 from the top position, screw is 1.5-2 turns out and the plug is a br8eg. I have been using yamalube at 32:1, but may try something else.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have my 2000 kx 250 with stock jetting, needle at middle and screw at stock from book, either 1.5 or 2 out can't remember, but I run sea level 40:1 bel ray H1R and when I run up in the mountains, 1000 ft or so I run 45:1, I have 3 other friends running the same mix in 95 kx 250, cr 500 and kx 500. no one fouls plugs and burns really clean

·
Registered
205 Posts
On that bike you need to drop the pilot jet at least one size to a 52 or even a 50. Make sure the needle clip is in the second from the top position and you have a 165 main. When the temp or humidity is high you may have to drop the main to a 162 as well. If you still are fouling plugs after this I would suggest going to a needle that is 1/2 clip leaner. Do one thing at a time....start with the pilot and go from there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts