Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got it running good when in neutral, but no power under load. could tranny be slipping ?? only max 5mph and dies if i give it to much gas. Thanks for your ideas and help.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Most likely a fueling problem. Check your filter, the flow from the fuel pump, and make sure the fuel valve on the float is opening up. There is a drain screw at the bottom of the carburetor that can be used to check fuel to the carburetor float chamber once you are sure there is fuel getting to the carburetor.

If the machine has been parked for a while, I would expect the main and pilot jets and related carburetor body passages are clogged with gum from the fuel. That requires disassembly, cleaning, and reassembling to correct. No amount of spraying or fuel additive will solve the problem, just plain old detailed disassembly and cleaning.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I will admit up front I am not completely familiar with the details of the mule carb, but would expect it to have an idle circuit and a power circuit in the carb. This means that while your idle jets may be fine, the power jets may be plugged. RCW probably knows the details here and may chime in. You should also check your air filter as maybe you are not getting enough air flow to support the open throttle condition.
Jay

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The air filters are clean. The motor runs great when in neutral and I can rev it up to 3-4k rpm redline with no problems. Just when in gear and driving can't get the rpm's up and has no power and only 5mph. Thanks again. Dennis

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm still tryin to figure this out. I jacked up the rear end to get the back tires off the ground and tested the mule. It ran great when in gear and was able to get good rpm's in drive. Still bogs out and no power when auctualing driving the mule. Seems to have no power and very slow under load. any ideas ?? thks again.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
If you are positive the carburetor is clean, then I would adjust the valves to the proper lash and see if that solved the problem. They are sensitive to correct valve clearance, but generally that just means noise and no power.

I would also remove the coils, the igniter, and the pulsing coil and have them tested.

When you have plenty of fuel and good compression, with no power under load, it is usually ignition breakdown. The way the Mule is built, the power pulse to the coil is controlled by the igniter, and the trigger signal is controlled by the pulsing coil. Breakdown under load could easily be the coils or the igniter. I assume you have new spark plugs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
While I don't have a 3010, I just did the 50 hour on my 4010, adjusting the valves made a world of difference on a vehicle that had 62 hours on it. I really notice the difference in the performance after the adjustment.

BR

·
Registered
3 Posts
The air filters are clean. The motor runs great when in neutral and I can rev it up to 3-4k rpm redline with no problems. Just when in gear and driving can't get the rpm's up and has no power and only 5mph. Thanks again. Dennis
did you ever resolve this issue? Mine is doing the same thing and I’ve been pulling my hair out every single day for about 12 days straight

1 - 9 of 9 Posts