Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

2003 1600 Classic

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  tlwisner 
#1 ·
Hey guys! I don't think I've introduced myself so here I am. I'm Jeff and I am from the Jackson, MS area. I have a '95 1500A and for a first bike it has been good to me. I am thinking about buying a 2003 1600 Classic and I am buying it privately. The bike has about 4700 miles on it and looks REAL good. It has the F&S medium windshield, F&S Engine Guard, and the hard chubby bags (LARGE) on it. It also has the F&S Passenger backrest and an after market driver backrest (which I will probably take off cause it sits me too far forward). He's asking $9,800 for the bike and I want to know all of your opinions and suggestions! Is this a good deal? Give me some things to think about...THANKS! LOVE the forum!

Jeff

#2 ·
re

welcome jeff :wink:

i can tell you that i have been very pleased with mine so far-one of the best road bikes i ever had!!

pros- low maintenance,very good handling considering,single pin crank,and the obivious
f/i,water cooled,shaft,cast wheels

cons-not many bolt on's yet,severals compalints of rattles and vibes,oil filter recall on some models,handlebars need risers or adjustment in alot of cases,not many cons on this bike
really-just a few little things that need to be addressed

overall-you'll be very happy with this bike imo and that's a decent price with all the goodies

ride safe!

#3 ·
I don't think you should have to spend more than $9,000 for that bike, even with the extras. Though 9,800 is semi reasonable Vulcans are nice bikes, but people just don't get as much for them on resale. I have one too and am not worried about the resale. Buy it cheap and drive it till the wheels fall off. :lol:

#4 ·
The MSRP is 10,500 thats only another $700 for a brand new bike. Half the fun of owning a bike is fixing it up the way you want it. I don't think 9,800 or even 9K is a geat deal for that bike. The miles are not crazy high but they are up there for a two year old bike I guess.

#6 ·
jeff said:
Hey guys! I don't think I've introduced myself so here I am. I'm Jeff and I am from the Jackson, MS area. I have a '95 1500A and for a first bike it has been good to me. I am thinking about buying a 2003 1600 Classic and I am buying it privately. The bike has about 4700 miles on it and looks REAL good. It has the F&S medium windshield, F&S Engine Guard, and the hard chubby bags (LARGE) on it. It also has the F&S Passenger backrest and an after market driver backrest (which I will probably take off cause it sits me too far forward). He's asking $9,800 for the bike and I want to know all of your opinions and suggestions! Is this a good deal? Give me some things to think about...THANKS! LOVE the forum!

Jeff
kbb used dealer retail is $7985, does it have $2000 more value than a clean stock '03 1600 Classic? You can always offer less if you didn't recently win the lottery. Of course, if you have to have the bike, you have to have it! 8)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.