Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, Im new here and had a ? I just bought a 2003 Ninja 636. Ive done a lot of work to this bike and have tried many things for my problem.. The bike seems to have a lot of power but when im in first gear and wack the throttle its not taking off like it should, seems delayed. and like there may be a vacuum problem or something. Ive changed my entire throttle body unit with all the sensor but still something isnt right. Any ideas ?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
What RPM are you at when you 'whack' the throttle? How many miles on the bike, and when was it last tuned properly? Any aftermarket bits on it? If so, has it been remapped for the different parts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually didnt look at the RPM but i know from just the feel and sound that its not right due to riding one just like mine. The bike has 8900 miles on it and does have a fmf pipe on it. the bike was in an accident before I bought it and the forks and frame were replaced. So im guessing since the motor was pulled you may be right. Im going to bring it to the shop and have them retune it. I put new plugs in but Im sure it just needs to be plugged in. May be a timeing problem to because its ticking a bit too and My buddy had the same issue with the ticking. was due to timing issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.