Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey yall,
I just traded my jon boat straight up for a non running bayou. it looks like a great little quad and I am super pumped about it. but the guy that had it b4 me accidentally ripped the wires out of the plug that goes into the ignitor (link to ebay posting below. I still have all the wires, the plug, and the ignitor, but idk which spots they go in to. theres 5 wires (6 holes and 1 plugged)

KAWASAKI BAYOU 250 OEM CDI Igniter 21119-1457 #20B116:eBay Motors (item 170408805987 end time Jan-17-10 11:27:53 PST)

please take pics of your atv and post them so i can get out on the trails soon!

thanks yall! and merry Christmas!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry i forgot to mention this, but the part is located under the plastic that is in front of the handlebars. the ignitor is acutally bolted to the handlebar supports under the plastic

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
go to the old thread about 6 - 7 days ago, 1992 starting issues,there is a wireing diagram to repair the wireing you need to fix. just look back in previous post and you will find what you need ,good luck on the repairs -corey-

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nope thats the same thing i have in the manual. in this diagram, the wires are put in an order so that they wont be ungly in the pic. the order of the box plugs looks like this :::

if anybody has a bayou 250, please take a pic of that part for me

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
The harness is only $35 new, and the ebay guy probably only wants a couple bucks for his used version. Since, hardly anyone ever pulls the front frame plastic to work on one, just buying the harness and taking a look at the connector or simply replacing the old harness would likely be much quicker than waiting for an answer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts