Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am looking at a 2003 Kawasaki Nomad for sale. It has quite a bit of miles (33k) but according to the seller it comes with Electronic Cruise Control. But based on my research, I cannot find anything that validates if ECC is even available for this model.

Can anyone verify that it was at least available as an option before I waste a 1.5-hour drive to take a look at the bike? Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That bike never had a cruise control from the factory. It was not even a option. If it has cruise on it, it has been added. The VN1700 Voyager and Vaquero are the first cruisers Kawi offered to have cruise. The only other bike they have with cruise is the Versys 1000 LT+.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That bike never had a cruise control from the factory. It was not even a option. If it has cruise on it, it has been added. The VN1700 Voyager and Vaquero are the first cruisers Kawi offered to have cruise. The only other bike they have with cruise is the Versys 1000 LT+.
The H2 also has cruise.

·
Registered
55 Posts
There are companies that sold aftermarket cruise control kits that may have been added... No idea how well they worked. As for 33k miles. If that is accurate, just broken in good, I have seen a 1500 Nomad with over 300K miles. 100k is not uncommon mileage.

·
Super Moderator
10,634 Posts
Don't discount the seller as "full of crap" just b/c of a cruise control. There are several high quality units that can be installed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts